Our popular 'Moving and Handling' training workshop
The Disability Resource Centre is pleased to be able to offer courses in Moving and Handling both for care agency staff and for private individuals.
The moving and handling session is a 4.5 hour course and is comprised of two parts.
The first hour is a presentation, looking at the theory around moving and handling, which covers:
- statistics of back pain/injury
- legislation relating to moving and handling
- risk assessment
- principles of safe handling and back care advice (and of course techniques which have been banned)
The majority of the course is a practical session, where there will be demonstrations of how to use different pieces of equipment (slide sheets, handling belts, rota stand, transfer boards, slings and hoist).
Delegates get an opportunity to use the equipment too (if they wish) and ask any questions.
- Training from our in-house trainer
- Demonstrations and a chance to use hoists, slide sheets, handling belts, rota stand, transfer boards and slings
- All training uses the same equipment as supplied by statutory services
- Current legislation explained
5th November 2019
3rd December 2019
Times: 9.30am – 1.30pm
Cost: £48 + VAT.
Please contact our team by email or call 01582 470900 for more information and to book a place.
Venue: The Disability Resource Centre, Poynters House, Poynters Road, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU5 4TP.
Poynters House, Poynters Road, Dunstable, LU5 4TP
See dates on the left.