Expert help with seating
Seating Assessment Days
Our equipment display and retail area is open Monday to Friday, with trained advisors to help find right items for you.
On Thursdays between 10am and 2pm we have an additional specialist who will address, in particular, your seating needs.
Are you finding it hard to get back up out of a chair? Do you need to put your feet up?
Come and see us to ask all your questions and gain invaluable advice to buy the correct chair for you.
If you are thinking of buying a riser-recliner chair our seating specialist will advise you on:
- Posture – sitting correctly
- Correct chair size – height, depth, width, arm rests and back height
- Support – devices to help you maintain the correct posture
- Pressure care – to prevent skin or muscle irritation
- Chair back styles –to suit your requirements
- Different rise and recline actions including tilt in space to suit comfort and ability
- Bespoke and made-to-measure products – ensuring a perfect fit
- Different fabrics ie waterproof/wipeable, anti bacterial
We also have specialist advisors for electric wheelchairs and scooters.
Share this page
Melanie Hawman, our CEO, writes about how the whole team at The Disability Resource Centre is fully operational, all working at home…
Please read the coronavirus update we have published and sent to all our clients and PAs who we support with Direct Payments.
We’re compiling some useful links to reliable information across the web to help us during the coronavirus (Covid-19) situation. There is some really useful information from charities and organisations that help people with many health conditions.
Help for Carers in Luton
Have you heard about the free service for carers in Luton, Carers Central? We offer lots of free 1-2-1 help and advice. We can meet-up at a time and place to suit you…
Please consider donating to The Disability Resource Centre today so we can continue our vital services.
You can hire a wheelchair from our charity. The Disability Resource Centre hires out manual wheelchairs (including children’s wheelchairs) and other equipment like ramps, rollators, crutches and walking frames to help you with your mobility.