Free learning support programme for young people in Luton
We have received funding to support young people in Luton with free life skills training, free career guidance from a job coach and support getting into training, voluntary work and a brand new job.
It can be difficult knowing where to start with finding work and managing your personal, physical and financial wellbeing. So we are here to help with 1-2-1 coaching from our friendly team.
This free programme for young people is available if you live in these areas of Luton: Biscot, Dallow, South, High Town, Farley, Northwell, Leagrave, Lewsey, Round Green, Crawley or Sundon Park.
Our Training Officers can help with a 1-2-1 programme of personal and professional development.
Every support programme is different, designed individually for you by our Training Officers.
Your programme can include:
- Identify transferable skills
- Career directions
- Write a winning CV
- Interview techniques
- Covering letters and emails
- Making your best application
- Effective communication
- Building your confidence
- Managing change
- Taking control
- Emotional wellbeing
- Removing barriers
- Healthy lifestyles
- Setting up and getting the best from emails
- Effective use of the internet
- Creating and formatting word documents
- Using spreadsheets
- Creating PowerPoint presentations
- Staying connected
- Online tools
Support to apply for jobs
- Job sourcing
- Exploring local work opportunities
- Applying online
- Job sites
- Customising your CV
- Help completing applications
- Preparing for an interview
- Reviewing feedback
- Money management
- Exploring adult education, apprenticeships and other learning opportunities
- Signposting to further learning
- Better off in work calculations
Our support and training programmes are popular
We are very pleased to receive many great reviews from people who have taken part in our programmes. Here are just some of the nice things people say about us:
- “This workshop made a huge difference to my daily life”
- “Understanding a lot more about myself has helped me to be positive and confident”
- “Brilliant training, very impressed. Tutor was great”
- “The programme was good and I learnt a lot”
- “Helping to develop my skills, my self-confidence and self-esteem”
Join our brand new and free support programme
Find out whether you are eligible to join this free programme…
Participants need to live in one of the following 11 wards in Luton:
Biscot, Dallow, South, High Town, Farley, Northwell, Leagrave, Lewsey, Round Green, Crawley or Sundon Park.
Share this page
Our charity needs more donated second-hand wheelchairs to sell in our Dunstable second-hand shop…
A change of scenery is good for us so we compiled the many excellent places to visit across Bedfordshire that are free to enter and wheelchair accessible.
Read the signs and symptoms of cancer from the NHS website…
Read about dementia and its different forms, diagnostic tests for detecting it early on, available treatments and prevention methods against it. We have included some links to local support groups and organisations for carers in the Milton Keynes, Luton and Bedfordshire area…
We have both self-propelling chairs (with large rear wheels) and attendant-controlled chairs (four small wheels, helper to push)…