Improve your wellbeing with our free programme for Luton residents
Wellbeing Matters is a short course that is designed to help improve your physical and mental wellbeing.
We will be running 2 more courses between April and July, with each course consisting of up to 21 hours of supported learning time.
Scroll down this page to see the dates each group will be starting.
Improve your confidence
Move closer to your goals
When you join this course we aim to help improve both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We will equip you with the tools to make positive changes for now and the future.
Our new wellbeing course will help:
- Achieve a healthy life balance
- Find opportunities for lifestyle changes
- Recognise the importance of relaxation
- Explore fears and barriers
- Produce a wellbeing action plan
To qualify for a place on this 6 week course you must live in Luton, be aged 19+ and unemployed or earning less than £16,000 per year.
Each group will consist of up to seven 3-hour workshops, each focusing on different aspects of money management support. Learners must attend a minimum of 15 hours learning time and complete all necessary course materials to complete the course.
Course 1 details
- Start date: Thursday 28th April
- End date: Thursday 9th June
- Location: Lewsey Community Centre, Landrace Road, Luton, LU4 0SW
- Time: 10am to 1pm (final day will be up to 4pm)
- Note: There will be no session on Thursday 2nd June due to the public holiday
We are still finalising the full details of the second course, but we can confirm the start date will be Thursday 9th or 16th June. We will confirm the remaining details within the next few weeks.
What you will learn
Section 1: Where I am now and where I want to be
- Week 1: Identify the different ‘me’s’ and map your ideal life chart
- Week 2: Recognising the circle of influence exploring fears and barriers
Section 2: What can I do?
- Week 3: Identify a healthy life balance and what we can do to make a positive impact
- Week 4: Recognise the importance of relaxation and different techniques you can use
Section 3: Planning for the future
- Week 5: Source opportunities for lifestyle changes
- Week 6: Produce a wellbeing action plan
- Top-up week: Upon request
Spaces for course 1 will go quickly. Contact us today to avoid disappointment and let us help you see that your wellbeing matters.
Please contact us for more information and to register your interest.
Chat to us about this course now…
Click the ‘Chat to us’ button below for instant help, Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm.
Call or email us
Call the team on 01582 470 900 or email us with any questions and to book your place on the course.
Say hello to the team on our Facebook page
Visit our Facebook page, we are a friendly team and available to chat on Facebook Messenger, Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm.
Email us to register your interest and we’ll get back to you with full details
We are very grateful to The European Social Fund, Luton Council and the Education & Skills Funding Agency for funding this programme.
Share this page
There will be the opportunity to meet with other organisations and to get more information about the healthcare sector and support within your local area…
World Fibromyalgia Awareness Day 12 May 2022. We are helping to raise awareness of fibromyalgia, an invisible and debilitating chronic condition. If you have fibromyalgia, we have researched and compiled some of the best ways to get help…
Mental Health Week 2022. Supporting disabled people and carers to help beat loneliness. Read through these simple strategies to help you start to build a better connection with others….
The Disability Resource Centre is pleased to announce a new series of free care skills training workshops and online courses. Since 2017 our Care Academy has helped hundreds of local unpaid carers and PAs to learn vital skills, for free…