Disability equipment advice
Independent equipment advice so you can buy with confidence
Our Disability Equipment Centre is located at the Disability Resource Centre here on Poynters Road in Dunstable.
Free disability equipment advice service
Try out items such as bath-lifts, riser-recliner chairs, scooters and more
- Learn about equipment that will provide the right solution for you
- Get information on how to obtain items (private purchase or provision via the statutory services)
- We offer disability equipment to buy or hire
- We can help you to source equipment that we don’t have in stock
- We offer access to useful leaflets, catalogues and computer databases
Opening hours: Monday to Thursday 9am – 5:00pm and Fridays 9am – 4:45pm. The last appointment is half an hour before closing time.
- All our staff are fully trained
- We are part of the Assist UK network
- We are a registered charity, not a statutory service
- We cover all age groups and all types of disabilities
- We sell a large range of items.
- Anyone can access this service – you do not need to be referred by your doctor or be in touch with a social worker or other professional
We offer a free disability equipment advice service provided by our highly-trained staff. Please email us to book an appointment.
Disability equipment shop here in Dunstable
We stock a wide range of disability equipment here in our shop in Dunstable including
Mobility Aids & Scooters
Kitchen & Dining Items
Everyday Living Aids
Share this page
We offer a free disability equipment advice service provided by our highly-trained staff.
Please read the coronavirus update we have published and sent to all our clients and PAs who we support with Direct Payments.
We’re compiling some useful links to reliable information across the web to help us during the coronavirus (Covid-19) situation. There is some really useful information from charities and organisations that help people with many health conditions.
The Disability Resource Centre will not be open to the public until advised it is safe to do so. We will continue to offer updated information on our website and telephone advice lines.
Help for Carers in Luton
Have you heard about the free service for carers in Luton, Carers Central? We offer lots of free 1-2-1 help and advice. We can meet-up at a time and place to suit you…
Please consider donating to The Disability Resource Centre today so we can continue our vital services.
You can hire a wheelchair from our charity. The Disability Resource Centre hires out manual wheelchairs (including children’s wheelchairs) and other equipment like ramps, rollators, crutches and walking frames to help you with your mobility.