Support for Employers of Disabled People
Our exciting new Employers Academy is proving very successful.
Learn how to transform the culture and skills mix of your business, and how to recruit and retain people with disabilities through a range of activities provided by the academy, including free seminars and networking events.
Recruitment support includes:
- Advice and guidance
- Free breakfast workshops
- A register of suitable candidates
- Help with your recruitment process
- Support from our dedicated Employer Liaison Officer
- Support for up to 6 weeks when you employ one of our candidates
- Signposting to wider support including Access to Work
At The Disability Resource Centre, we have been running an employ~ability programme to prepare our candidates for the workplace. We build confidence, identify key skills and develop their workplace skills including IT. Our Employer Liaison Officer will refer candidates to you who have the relevant skills and attributes that you are looking for.
The benefits of working with The Disability Resource Centre to help diversify your workforce by employing people with disability are:
- Our candidates have been through a development programme to make them ready for the workplace
- The individuals are fully committed to going back into the workplace
- We support you to have confidence in employing someone with a disability
- You increase the pool of candidates available to you
- We do not charge any recruitment costs to the employer
- Our candidates bring a vast array of skills, knowledge and experience into your workplace
- Employing the right person will have a positive impact on your business
To access this free service and discuss how we can help you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
For further information please call the Health, Learning and Work team on 01582 470900 or email email@example.com
Please read our Employer Academy Reports from previous years.
Share this page
Melanie Hawman, our CEO, writes about how the whole team at The Disability Resource Centre is fully operational, all working at home…
Please read the coronavirus update we have published and sent to all our clients and PAs who we support with Direct Payments.
We’re compiling some useful links to reliable information across the web to help us during the coronavirus (Covid-19) situation. There is some really useful information from charities and organisations that help people with many health conditions.
Help for Carers in Luton
Have you heard about the free service for carers in Luton, Carers Central? We offer lots of free 1-2-1 help and advice. We can meet-up at a time and place to suit you…
Please consider donating to The Disability Resource Centre today so we can continue our vital services.
You can hire a wheelchair from our charity. The Disability Resource Centre hires out manual wheelchairs (including children’s wheelchairs) and other equipment like ramps, rollators, crutches and walking frames to help you with your mobility.