Support for Employers of Disabled People
Our exciting new Employers Academy is proving very successful.
Learn how to transform the culture and skills mix of your business, and how to recruit and retain people with disabilities through a range of activities provided by the academy, including free seminars and networking events.
Recruitment support includes:
- Advice and guidance
- Free breakfast workshops
- A register of suitable candidates
- Help with your recruitment process
- Support from our dedicated Employer Liaison Officer
- Support for up to 6 weeks when you employ one of our candidates
- Signposting to wider support including Access to Work
At The Disability Resource Centre, we have been running an employ~ability programme to prepare our candidates for the workplace. We build confidence, identify key skills and develop their workplace skills including IT. Our Employer Liaison Officer will refer candidates to you who have the relevant skills and attributes that you are looking for.
The benefits of working with The Disability Resource Centre to help diversify your workforce by employing people with disability are:
- Our candidates have been through a development programme to make them ready for the workplace
- The individuals are fully committed to going back into the workplace
- We support you to have confidence in employing someone with a disability
- You increase the pool of candidates available to you
- We do not charge any recruitment costs to the employer
- Our candidates bring a vast array of skills, knowledge and experience into your workplace
- Employing the right person will have a positive impact on your business
To access this free service and discuss how we can help you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
For further information please call the Health, Learning and Work team on 01582 470900 or email email@example.com
Please read our Employer Academy Reports from previous years.
Share this page
There will be the opportunity to meet with other organisations and to get more information about the healthcare sector and support within your local area…
World Fibromyalgia Awareness Day 12 May 2022. We are helping to raise awareness of fibromyalgia, an invisible and debilitating chronic condition. If you have fibromyalgia, we have researched and compiled some of the best ways to get help…
Mental Health Week 2022. Supporting disabled people and carers to help beat loneliness. Read through these simple strategies to help you start to build a better connection with others….
The Disability Resource Centre is pleased to announce a new series of free care skills training workshops and online courses. Since 2017 our Care Academy has helped hundreds of local unpaid carers and PAs to learn vital skills, for free…