Today marks the next stage in the government’s easing of lockdown rules, the most significant changes to date.
We have highlighted the major changes:
- Up to six people or two households can now meet indoors
- Up to thirty people can meet outdoors
- Overnight stays allowed at friends and family homes
- Care home residents can have up to five named visitors,and more freedom for visits out of the home
- Up to thirty people can attend support and parent-and-child groups (excluding children under five)
- Pubs and restaurants are now allowed to open their services indoors, for up to six people or two households per table
- Oversea’s flights are now allowed to all countries who are part of the “green list”
- Entertainment venues and stadiums will reopen
This is a big step in the right direction towards normality and it is positive news for us all.
However, the government’s message of HANDS – FACE – SPACE is still vitally important
We are encouraging people to continue to sanitise and wash hands regularly, use face coverings when indoors, and practice social distancing where possible.
For more information and details on the new restrictions, please go to the GOV.UK website.