We are recruiting new Trustees who would like to use their knowledge, skills and experience to ensure that the charity continues to fulfil its purpose in the years to come.
- We particularly need Trustees with experience in finance/accounting, business, health and social care and the charity sector
- We are keen to recruit people with lived experience of disability and people with experience of caring, to help us ensure that disabled people and carers are at the centre of all we do
- We are also looking to diversify our board of Trustees by encouraging applications from people from different backgrounds who understand the needs of their own communities in relation to disabilities
The Disability Resource Centre will be thirty years old in 2024
A group of disabled people with a vision to create a one-stop-shop for disabled people were the driving force behind the creation of The Disability Resource Centre. Following a piece of local research which provided the evidence needed to secure funding they formed a steering group and they worked with partners to form the charity.
So much has been achieved since the charity was set up in 1994 but there is still more to do. You can find out more about our history and see our latest news and read about the ways our charity makes a difference.
We are looking for people who live our values with enthusiasm and drive to help us achieve even more in the coming years.
We have compiled full details of this voluntary opportunity in our new Trustee Pack, which includes:
- Trustee Selection Process
- An introduction from our Chair of Trustees
- Profiles of our charity’s Chair, Vice Chair, CEO and Operations Manager
- Information about our charity and values
- Trustee Role Description
- Application form and submission instructions
Download a Trustee Pack to start your application today.