Join us for face-to-face training at our centre in Dunstable.
In November and December, we will be delivering training for Personal Assistants and unpaid carers from our training centre in Dunstable. All individual workshops will be working towards the Care Certificate standards, as part of our Care Academy programme.
Our Dunstable training centre is based on Mayfield Road, LU5 4BB (along the row of shops, next to the newsagents).
Sessions will take place from the week commencing the 15th November until and including the week commencing 13th December.
Time slots will be 9:30am to 12:30pm and 1:30pm to 4:30pm, every Wednesday and Thursday.
There are fifteen workshops in total for the Care Certificate; five will be delivered online and ten will be delivered face-to-face.
Full schedule of workshops
Wednesday 17th November
- 9:30am to 12:30pm – Understand Your Role – online
Thursday 18th November
- 9:30am to 12:30pm – Handling Information – face-to-face
- 1:30pm to 4:30pm – Duty of Care – face-to-face
Wednesday 24th November
- 9:30am to 12:30pm – Communication – online
Thursday 25th November
- 9:30am to 12:30pm – Safeguarding – face-to-face
- 1:30pm to 4:30pm – Infection, Prevention and Control – face-to-face
Wednesday 1st December
- 9:30am to 12:30pm – Working in a Person-Centred Way – online
Thursday 2nd December
- 9:30am to 12:30pm – Privacy and Dignity – face-to-face
- 1:30pm to 4:30pm – Health & Safety – face-to-face
Wednesday 8th December
- 9:30am to 12:30pm – Dementia Awareness – online
Thursday 9th December
- 9:30am to 12:30pm – Fluids and Nutrition – face-to-face
- 1:30pm to 4:30pm – Personal Development – face-to-face
Wednesday 15th December
- 9:30am to 12:30pm – Equality and Diversity – online
Thursday 16th December
- 9:30am to 12:30pm – Mental Health Awareness – face-to-face
- 1:30pm to 4:30pm – Emergency First Aid – face-to-face
We will also be delivering live workshops in January and February 2022, with the schedule coming soon.
Learn in your own time
If you are not able to attend any of the face-to-face workshops, then don’t worry, you can still complete the training online.
You can complete each workshop through our online teaching platform called “Teachable”.
This will allow you to complete all training workshops in your own time and at your convenience.
There are links to some of our most popular online courses, available on our Care Academy page, which will take you directly to our Teachable platform.
However, please do contact us if you would like to join any other workshops and we can enrol you immediately.
If you would like to start your online training, contact us today and we can sign you up immediately.
Phone: 01582 470 900
We will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your eligibility, and to ensure you are enquiring for the correct programme for your needs.
More free training available…
This programme will help you to develop key employability skills, a 12 week course, supporting you to find employment and further learning opportunities. We will also focus on your physical and mental wellbeing.
Join our weekly online exercise and Yoga sessions with professional trainers, to help improve physical wellbeing and development.
Wellbeing Matters (coming soon)
We have received some new funding to be able to run this very popular 6-week programme again. We’re helping people to focus and practice mindfulness techniques over a 6-week programme, to help improve mental wellbeing.